I’d like to introduce myself – for those who do not know me, I am Louise Leeming, my role is family support worker and I have been at Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School since September 2015. My working hours are 8:00am – 4pm Mon- Thurs and 8:00am – 3:30pm on Fri, although I am flexible.
Having an open door policy means I can see you in school or at home at a time of your choosing. There is a family support room in school were parents/carers can come in and have a coffee and a chat if you have any worries or concerns.
My contact details are: School number: 01772 792083
I have a vast amount of experience/ knowledge/ skills that are beneficial to supporting families. My current role as Family Support Worker involves many aspects. Here are just some:
* To support parents/pupil with any educational, behavioural, well- being or other concerns that they may have
* To support parents with benefit, debt or housing issues
* To support families where a child has attendance and punctuality issues
* To refer families on to other people/agencies who can help them e.g. The Key Family Support, Barnados, etc
* Listen and appreciate parents’ concerns and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families. I can also support with sign posting parents/families to others services which are available in Preston .
* Accompanying parents to appointments e.g. doctor, hospital, social work meetings.
* Difficulties in managing children's behaviour.
* I support children on a 1:1 basis academically and emotionally, listening and working with them in different ways.
* Anger management and control
* Family issues, bereavement, new baby, parental separation/divorce
* Behaviour Management (Parents and Children)
* Looked after children
Parent/carer events in the Community Building:
Thursdays 9-11am - Coffee morning
Thursday 1:10-3:10pm - Mother and Toddler group
Every other week beginning 15th September - Family advice drop in with Sahara