CORE AIMS FOR RAMJ SCHOOL
RAMJS is a school where quality, Christian education is available to children.
It is a Christian school where, regardless of personal circumstances, children will find themselves in an environment where their abilities will be stimulated, developed and extended.
Christian/Faith values will underpin all that is taught in school.
Each child will be important and have a sense of worth. This will be achieved through a balanced curriculum, which will be collaboratively planned. There will be detailed record keeping with child participation, together with excellent resourcing and emphasis on personal development. It is our aim for every aspect of school life to be recognised by the child, the parent and the school.
This education will be provided for the child in a secure environment promoted in a positive way.
- Each child is valued as an individual, acknowledged by name, listened to, shown respect and given appropriate time and support.
- A range of teaching and social experiences is provided to develop in children an increasing awareness of others, within the school and the wider community.
- High expectations of work and behaviour are constantly sought.
- School routines, organisation and the framework of discipline are clearly explained.
- Children are included in aspects of decision making in the classroom.
- Rewards are given regularly for effort and achievement, and perseverance is encouraged.
- Children are encouraged to accept increasing responsibilities for resources, equipment and possessions. Christian values are emphasized, however due to the multi-faith nature of the school these are often linked to the values of other Faiths
- Appropriate and effective displays of children’s work are used to enhance the learning environment.
- Children’s work is marked with care, responded to with positive or constructive comments, and when necessary more support is given.